Your friendly turkey trot tips from Velocity Physical Therapy:
Movement is medicine! This time of year is often times filled with feasting and leasure and a turkey trot is an excellent way to work in some movement and focus on health. If this is your first race or even your first one in a while, focus on how good it feels to move and how much your body is benefiting from the activity rather than a specific time.
– Wear some supportive shoes & quality socks
– Drink plenty of water before & after the race
– Eat breakfast!!!
– Pace yourself – Don’t start too strong
– Walk, Run, or use a combination – Listen to your body
– Dress like a turkey 😉
– but seriously, you might want to wear a rain jacket or trashbag
– think of warm accessoires like gloves and a hat
If you haven’t been able to do much prep before the race don’t worry. Just have fun and do your best. This might be a great spring board for you to really prepare for the next race. Happy trotting!
We included some local race links for you to check out the details on the events in our area. We will be at the Denton Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving, and we hope to see you there. Many of the races do late registration or day of signups – so it’s never too late to join the fun.
DENTON TURKEY TROT 5K
November 28, 2019
- 11/28, Denton, 5 th Annual Turkey Trot
- 11/28, Fort Worth, 38th Annual YMCA Turkey Trot
- 11/28, Dallas, YMCA Turkey Trot
- 11/28, Frisco, 9th Annual North Texas Turkey Trot
- 11/28, Lewisville – 7th Annual Castle Hills Turkey Trot